The Rochester Public Library is one of three libraries governed by the Athabasca County Library Board. Each of the three libraries have their own advisory board which reports to the County board.
Rochester Public Library is a member of the Northern Lights Library System (NLLS). NLLS is one part of the seven regional library systems across Alberta, helping deliver comprehensive, efficient library serves to all Alberta's, regardless of where they live. Working together, NLLS libraries in northeast Alberta are able to accomplish more than any single library could alone. Our member libraries make their own decisions on building their collections, staffing, budgeting and setting policies. But together, we offer:
- Access to combined inventory of materials and services for all patrons to enjoy;
- A gateway to global information services delivered locally;
- A strong and united voice in provincial library initiatives;
- System-wide back-end services so member libraries can concentrate on local customer service;
- Pooling of resources in order to maximize value and minimize costs;
- Support of member libraries to remain current in our ever-changing knowledge-based environment.
Rochester Public Library is a participating library with The Alberta Library Card. The Alberta Library (TAL) is a province-wide library consortium that works with its members to promote universal, barrier-free access to the materials and resources in Alberta’s libraries. The Alberta Library Card allows library card holders to have walk-in borrower privileges to other libraries. By being a member in good standing at a participating library, you can receive a free TAL Card. You will then be able to walk in to and directly borrow books from any other TAL Card participating library. With over 240 TAL Card participating libraries, including public, post-secondary and special libraries, the possibilities are endless!